sábado, 19 de mayo de 2012

Alice Herz-Sommer. Life is beautiful

Por cortesía de Ana Añón
La personalidad de Alice Herz-Sommer es simplemente fascinante, sus historias regalan una hermosa lección de esperanza y positivismo en una sociedad que diariamente se empeña en destruirse a si misma.
“I have lived through many wars and have lost everything many times, including my husband, my mother and my beloved son. Yet, life is beautiful, and I have so much to learn and enjoy. I have no space nor time for pessimism and hate.” ~Alice Herz-Sommer
Just watching and hearing Alice speak is inspiring.
About to turn 108 (on November 26, 2011), Alice is the oldest survivor of the holocaust and the second oldest person living in London, England. She was a renowned concert pianist and a close friend of Franz Kafka. She has seen and lived through more than you can imagine. And despite all she’s experienced, her extraordinary optimism and attitude is what stands out the most.
Some of our favorite Alice Herz-Sommer quotes:
“Music saved my life and Music saves me still.”
“I am Jewish, but Beethoven is my religion.”
“I have had such a beautiful life. And life is beautiful, love is beautiful, nature and music are beautiful. Everything we experience is a gift, a present we should cherish and pass on to those we love”.
"Only when we are so old, only then we are aware of the beauty of life.”
“Music is God. In difficult times you feel it, especially when you are suffering.”
“I never hate. Hatred brings only hatred.”

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Gracias Amparo por tus mails emocionantes, gracias de nuevo, un abrazo fuerte, Alessandra